Learn How to Use this Revolutionary Tool Online Now!
Point of Care Ultrasound (POCUS) is a revolutionary tool that anyone can learn to use. All PAs, NPs and doctors working in urgent care, emergency medicine, hospitalist medicine and primary care can use this portable handheld device to make better diagnosis. Medical students are already learning this as part of their curriculum. Now it's your turn to learn this new skill!
This course will review common uses of POCUS that can be done easily at bedside. Taught by Dr. Danielle Matilsky, a Master Clinician from Johns Hopkins Emergency Medicine, she will go over the topics such as E-Fast Exam, Renal/Bladder, basic Echocardiography, Skin/Soft Tissue, and procedural guidance. Worth 5 CME Credit (AMA PRA Category 1 CME ).
CME content tailored for the PA, NP, and physician taught by Master Clinicians educators. Choose from courses in Orthopedics, EKG, X-rays, Laceration Repair and more!
Earn CME while enjoying our educational podcasts which touch upon various healthcare and medical topics. We interview the experts to bring you tips and tricks of the trade!
We are excited to announce our NEW Loyalty Program • Earn points that can be used towards CME • No more “use it or lose it”
Topics Covered in the Course
• Introduction to Physics and Basic Scanning Principles
• How does ultrasound work? This brief introduction and background will help give you the foundation to understand this useful tool.
• Introduction to the E-FAST
• Quickly evaluate your patients for traumatic injuries with the E-FAST exam. Master this scanning technique and learn the indications and limitations of the E-FAST exam.
• Introduction to Point-of-Care Echocardiography
• Learn the basic principles of cardiac echo. In this course you will learn the appropriate indications, proper positioning and identify basic cardiac anatomy.
• Advanced Applications of Point-of-Care Echocardiography
• This next installment of cardiac echo focuses on the pathology and who echo can help you narrow your differential.
• "Eye"-Yi-Yi Scanning Through Some Pesky Eye Complaints
• Review the relevant eye anatomy and proper scanning technique. This course will review common eye complaints that can be evaluated
• "I Just Can't Get Comfortable, Doc"-Ultrasound for the Renal Colic
• Learn how to evaluate flank pain, hematuria, urinary symptoms, acute urinary retention and post-void residuals untiling ultrasound.
• The "Skin"ny on Soft Tissue Ultrasound
• Learn the proper scanning technique when evaluating for common skin complaints such as identifying abscess, cellulitis and foreign bodies.
• Digging Deep: POCUS for the Lower Extremity DVT
• Learn how to utilize POCUS when evaluating for lower extremity DVT. This course will review the anatomy, technique.
• Ultrasound Guided Peripheral IV Placement
• Learn the foundations of peripheral IV placements on difficult patients utilizing POCUS.
Continuing Medical Education
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Oakstone Publishing and Master Clinicians, LLC. Oakstone Publishing is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Oakstone Publishing designates this enduring material for a maximum of 5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Click to Learn More about your Master Clinicians Mentor